Submission guidelines for the 28th IUPAC Symposium on Photochemistry
- Deadline for submission of abstracts for Oral presentations: February 17, 2020 12:00pm (noon) CET
- Notification for oral presentations: April 1, 2020
- Deadline for presenting authors of oral presentations to register: May 20, 2020
- Deadline for submission of abstracts for Poster presentations: May 20, 2020
- Notification for poster presentations: May 25, 2020
- Deadline for presenting authors of poster presentations to register: May 27, 2020
You can submit an oral or poster presentation. If your oral gets rejected for presentation and you want to be eligible for a poster presentation you can indicate that in the submission form.
How to Submit Abstracts:
- Abstracts must be submitted through the submission form
- Abstracts must be written in English
- Abstracts are required for all oral and poster presentations
- The presenting author must submit the abstract
- 1 abstract is allowed per author
Step 1: create an author profile.
Fill in your name and e-mail address. A mail with a link to your account will be sent to the given e-mail address.
Please note that creating an author profile does not register you for the conference!
After completing your author profile you can submit your abstract.
Step 2: submit your abstract
Click “submit your contribution”. Fill in the fields in the form.
Maximum amount of words for title: 15
Maximum number of characters (incl. spaces) for abstract: 1000 (references and author names are excluded from the character count)
One figure can be uploaded per abstract. Maximum size of the picture is 1Mb. A field for a caption is provided. Please note that the figure will not show in the conference app.
For the purpose of review and programming, abstracts will be divided into categories. Please, indicate on the web form the category you have chosen. If your work falls under more than one category please select the one that describes it the best.
- Light Energy Conversion
- Photochemical reactions and intermediates
- Artificial molecular switches and motors
- Photo-mechanical materials
- Single molecule photochemistry
- Imaging and sensing
- Emerging techniques and applications
- Computational photochemistry
- Applications of photochemistry
Step 3: submit!
Click the submit button. If all fields are filled in correctly you will be forwarded to a confirmation page. A copy of that confirmation will be sent to your e-mail address. From this page you can return to your author profile page, where you can see an overview of your submitted abstracts.
By submitting an abstract, all authors give permission to publish the abstract in the digital book of abstracts and app (and by doing so, certify that the abstract is original work).
Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. You can submit an abstract on your author account.
After finishing uploading you can preview and correct your abstract until the submission deadline.
All abstracts will be reviewed. Communication regarding the outcome of the review process will be sent to the submitting author. The submitting (main) author is responsible for communication to all co-authors of a proposal.
Authors of posters who need a formal notification of acceptance before the early bird deadline should e-mail the conference office firstname.lastname@example.org before April 10, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process or the website please contact the conference office of the University of Amsterdam: email@example.com